Skip to content

 Our New York City office is now open! Located in Midtown- 1740 Broadway 15th Floor, New York, NY 10019

Need Help with an IRS Tax Problem?

Do you need to get your cannabis business into tax compliance?

Do you have investors calling? Do you need to get a license re-activated?

Do you need help navigating the Federal tax landmines for cannabis businesses?



If you said yes to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place to get some expert help with your taxes. We’ve helped cannabis businesses get back into compliance with federal, state and local tax laws, and we can help you, too.

You’re not alone if you find you have tax issues in your cannabis businesses. The tax laws are very fluid in our industry, and we’re on top of the latest court cases so that we can best suggest and defend any tax position we take on your behalf.

You can get relief by having a tax professional on your side, with you through the entire process.

Getting Compliant

Even before you receive a tax notice, IRS letter, audit notice, or other tax correspondence from the IRS, a state agency, or a local agency, we can help you figure out what to do and how best to get caught up. We frequently serve cannabis clients through the process of filing back tax returns and paying back taxes owed.

Failure to File Tax Returns

Whatever your situation, we are here for your cannabis business when you are ready to get caught up, and the sooner, the better so that the penalties will be lower.

The latest IRS commisioner is very aggressive about coming after non-filers and non-payers. So even if you don’t owe that much, you’ll want to file right away to stop the penalties and interest from adding up.

Failure to Pay Taxes

If you owe money to the IRS but can’t pay, you can work out an arrangement with the IRS to make payments. In accounting terms, this is called an Offer in Compromise, and often, a tax professional can negotiate the amount due to a reasonable total that you can pay.

If you can’t pay the amount due at once, you can try to work out an Installment Agreement, like a loan, to make payments until your debt is satisfied.

Working with a Tax Professional

It’s serious business to owe the IRS money. More and more, they are building criminal cases against late taxpayers. They do not fool around. It’s a great idea to get a tax professional working for you. They can help you:

  • Get you caught up on filing back tax returns that are late
  • Act as a bridge or buffer between you and the IRS
  • Respond professionally to IRS correspondence
  • Contact the IRS on your behalf so that you don’t have to face them directly
  • Understand the IRS Collections process and your rights
  • Negotiate penalties, interest, and taxes due to lower your debt
  • Work out a payment plan on any money you owe to the IRS
  • Fight for you on issues that come up, such as innocent spouse situations or positions taken on tax returns
  • Help you get levies and liens removed from your assets.

Please be cautious in this area: there are many unscrupulous companies on the internet that advertise tax representation services. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. We also discourage you from representing yourself, since trained professionals who know the ropes and the red tape can often get a better outcome for their clients.

Solutions for Your Toughest Tax Challenges

Our trained and certified tax professionals work diligently to find the best outcome we can on your cannabis tax issues. Your situation is handled with the utmost confidentiality and privacy. Please call or email us to confidentially discuss your tax problem and how we can help.